• Town of Weathersfield, Vermont

  • Town of Weathersfield, Vermont

  • Town of Weathersfield, Vermont

  • Town of Weathersfield, Vermont

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4

Latest Minutes and Agendas

DRAFT

TOWN OF WEATHERSFIELD, VERMONT

MINUTES OF PLANNING COMMISSION MEETING

Monday, 10 September, 2018

  1. Call to Order  -  Chair, Nancy Heatley called the meeting to order at 7:03pm.

Introductions:  Howard Beach, Sven Fedorow (Land Use Administrator), Nancy Heatley, Paul Tillman, Michael Todd, Julia Lloyd Wright (Energy Coordinator, ex-officio) 

Visitor:  Ed Morris, Town Manager

  1. Agenda Review - 10 September, 2018

A motion was made by Michael Todd to move all further agenda items down to allow Ed Morris to speak on offering Sven Fedorow a full-time position which was proposed on 27 August, 2018, seconded by Howard Beach.  Voted: Unanimously.

Ed Morris presented the proposal to the selectboard, they asked questions on funding a full-time position rather than part-time employees.  Ed Morris assured them the money was there to cover the expanded position and the work of Land Use Administrator.  Planning Commission and Town work will be prioritized.  The Board approved the request from the Planning Commission and the Town Manager.   Sven Federow accepted the position and will focus on one day a week to complete the rewritten bylaws and research and also keep the same office hours.  He will work on a new Town website which will include application forms to be completed on line. 

The Town is moving towards encouraging economic development and Sven Fedorow will also help set up this future process.

III.       Approval of Meeting Minutes -  27 August, 2018   

A motion was made by Michael Todd to accept the Minutes of 27 August, 2018, seconded by Howard Beach.  Voted:  Unanimously .

           

  1. Zoning Bylaw Sections
  2. Sample of new zoning district format       

                        -           Implemented based on discussion on 27 August

The newly revised 2.5.6 Conservation (C-10) one-page format for Zoning Permitted and Conditional uses was discussed.

                        -           Reconsideration of how “Principal uses” and “Conditional uses” listed; to be further discussed in agenda item 4(d)

  1. Maximum Building Height definition

                        - Expanded to include various exempt structures

During discussion it was agreed to retain the old definition of Structure: An assembly of materials for occupancy or use for more than six (6) months.  Fences, gates, landscape timbers, sculptures, memorial monuments, TV antennae, and satellite dishes are not structures - with the addition of  “for the purposes of this bylaw.”

Minor Structures was addressed as “Any new single-story, non-residential structure with a footprint of 150 square feet or less.” “No single structure may have a footprint greater than 150 square feet.”

Sven Fedorow will further address rulings on fences.

                        - Amended to refer to “lowest visible” foundation point

This item will be further researched.

  1. Noise Bylaws

                        - Sample ordinances from other Vermont municipalities

The Commission reviewed a comprehensive Chapter on Noise Control definitions for the Town of Woodstock and standards from Windsor, Westminster, Leicester and Moretown.

Paul Tillman asked if the town had a calibrated decibel meter, who uses it and how violations were enforced.  This item will be on the next agenda to review town  ordinances, bylaws, day and night infractions, shooting and acoustics.  This was also viewed as a landlord responsibility to be further discussed.

           

  1. “One principal use”: Continued from 27 August 

                        -  Potential amendment to rule: Same materials as for (a).

Discussion covered principal and accessory uses and Sven Fedorow will research amending the definition for residential use.  Proposed accessory use square footage was also discussed and how many accessory buildings can be accommodated if there is sufficient land available.  There were concerns regarding the 4,000 square feet per accessory building for a business.  

           

  1. List of bylaws to seek early approval for & amendment to deer wintering bylaw

Sven Fedorow said he spoke with Forrest Hammond, Fish & Wildlife Biologist for the State of Vermont, Fish & Wildlife Department.  Deer wintering areas are protected habitat and clear-cutting in large areas for development lead to fragmentation.  The State has maps showing these areas but some need to be updated.  No wood cutting of trees within 500 square feet of a deer yard.  The Conservation Commission is also protective of endangered species such as plants and bat roosting trees.  Sven Fedorow will look at proposed amendments for the bylaws.

  1. Notes/Comments/Agenda Proposals for next meeting

            Next Meeting 24 September, 2018

The following ten bylaws will be ready for Ed Morris to take to the selectboard:

            Off-Street Parking; Signs; Lighting; Home Business; Gas Stations & Convenience Stores; Waivers; Accessory Dwellings; Mobile Homes; Building Heights and Small Enterprises.

A motion was made by Michael Todd to warn a hearing to review ten completed Zoning Bylaws beginning at 7:15pm on October 9, 2018, seconded by Howard Beach.  Voted: Unanimously.

Other items for the next meeting agenda:

            Lot Sizes

            Village designation

            Setbacks

            Town Plan: Land Use Maps and review any modifications.

                                                           

  1. Adjourn

A motion to adjourn at 9:23pm was made by Paul Tillman, seconded by Howard Beach.   Voted: Unanimously.

WEATHERSFIELD CONSERVATION COMMISSION

                                              Meeting Agenda

                                   Thursday, September 27, 2018

                                 Center Meeting House, 7:00 pm

  • Approval of Minutes: August 23, 2018 Meeting
  • Guest: Sven Fedorow to answer questions regarding newly proposed draft for habitat bylaws
  • Town-owned land project
  • WCC programs: previous Lyme Talk, upcoming Bobcat Talk
  • Conferences/Workshops
  • Other/New Business

Next Meeting: October 25, 2018, Center Meeting House, 7:00 pm

(The Bobcat Talk will be the whole of the October meeting unless there is urgent WCC business to discuss. If this becomes the case, we will decide if a quick meeting beforehand or afterward will be needed.)

1879 Perkinsville Schoolhouse Committee

MEETING

Tuesday, August 21, 2018 6:30 PM

at 1879 Perkinsville Schoolhouse

 

Attending: deForest Bearse, Matt Keniston, Dottie Richardson, BJ Esty, Alison Roth, Karen McGee

 

  1. deForest called meeting to order – 6:38 pm
  1. Approve minutes from 7/24/2018 meeting – BJ moved to approve; Matt     seconded, all approved.
  1. deForest announced that Matt is now been approved to be on as an official member of the committee again (so he can move and second our motions!)
  1. deForest noted she needs to set up a meeting together with Ed and Matt to discuss our progress.
  1. Financial Report – Matt made up a sheet listing out our finances, assets and liabilities, for current 2018 and projected 2019.   He made suggested of items to be removed from the account. We borrowed $70k (approved at town meeting) for the school, and that was paid back with the property sale in Ascutney. The remainder from the original $70k fund was $6267.76 for 2018. Complete totals for 2018 (including fund raising efforts) were $23,022.76, with $9,665 then used for windows, meaning the balance was $13,557.76, which rolled over to 2019.

For 2019, Matt estimated that our projected balance is $15,907.76.

As a group, we talked about the importance of this 1879 building, that it will be the only place in Perkinsville with a handicapped accessible option for meetings, it also houses the Food Shelf. It also is one of the few remaining assets in Perkinsville itself, and to the Weathersfield community as a whole, along with the Center Meetinghouse, the Dan Foster House, and other historic structures in town that make up the tapestry of our town.

  

  1. deForest announced our project received $4,500 HUD money that was left over from a grant last year (a $9k split between Cavendish and us). This will help with our match for the grant.   We are eligible for another historical project grant since it is two years since we received one.
  1. The Ramp - we are awaiting notice on whether our plan is approved.
  1. Yard sale: deForest created a poster for the October 6 yard sale. We will have people bring their donations to the school on specific dates.   deForest asked for everyone to let her know when we can help with accepting those items for the sale.
  1. Matt announced a Volunteer Work day on September 15th.
  1. deForest noted that there is an Historical Society tour on September 8, and the group will come to see the outside of the Schoolhouse.
  1. Next meeting – 6:30 pm September 25th.   deForest said she would like to talk budget and long range plans for the next meeting. (she and Matt will have met with Ed).   Also ramp and grant update.
  1. Motion to end the meeting: BJ; seconded: Dottie. All in favor.

Thanks to all!

Respectfully submitted,

Alison Roth, clerk