REVISED — FINAL
TOWN OF WEATHERSFIELD, VERMONT
MINUTES OF PLANNING COMMISSION MEETING
Tuesday, 9 October, 2018
- Call to Order - Chair, Nancy Heatley called the meeting to order at 7:05pm.
Introductions: Howard Beach, Sven Fedorow (Land Use Administrator), Nancy Heatley, Paul Tillman, Michael Todd, Julia Lloyd Wright (Energy Coordinator, ex-officio)
- Agenda Review - 9 October, 2018
Michael Todd will add comments from citizens to the Agenda
III. Approval of Meeting Minutes - 24 September, 2018
A motion was made by Howard Beach to accept amended Minutes of 24 September, 2018, seconded by Michael Todd. Voted: Unanimously.
- Zoning Bylaw Hearing - 7:15 PM
(1) Signs, (2) Outdoor Lighting, (3) Off-Street Parking, (4) Home-Based Occupation and Home-Based Business, (5) Waivers, (6) Accessory Dwelling Unit, (7) Small Enterprise, (8) Formula Business
Chair, Nancy Heatley opened a Public Hearing on Zoning Bylaws for the Town of Weathersfield at 7:15 PM and read the Notice of Public Hearing dated 9 October, 2018.
The Commission reviewed a brief explanation of the proposed bylaws with minor changes suggested by Sven Fedorow.
A motion was made by Michael Todd to accept the amendments and move the bylaws (listed above) to the Selectboard including the report accompanying the bylaws dated 10/9/2018 as reviewed, seconded by Howard Beach. Voted: Unanimously.
Chair, Nancy Heatley closed the hearing at 7:50pm.
No citizens appeared to comment during the hearing.
- Planned Zoning Bylaw Hearing October 22 - 7:15 PM: List of Bylaws
(1) Habitat Areas, (2) Renewable Energy, (3) Buildings, Structures, Building Height, Structure Height, Minor Structures, (4) Federal/State law clause.
A report on the above-listed bylaws was discussed and a Public Hearing already scheduled.
- Zoning Bylaw Updates
(a) Creation of checklist for Sketch Plan Review
Sven Fedorow checked with several other municipalities and added potential items in subdivision checklists. These were reviewed and included on the Town List. There was a discussion on landowners contacting abutters themselves with certified notification. Sven Fedorow will work with the landowners to help them prepare checklists .
(b) Driveway/Curb cut bylaw proposal
Samples of language from other municipalities were discussed referring to State standards
A-76 (Town and Development Roads) and B-71 (Residential and Commercial Drives).
Sven Fedorow will draft an ordinance for Town Road Standards for review at a future meeting.
(c) Ascutney & Perkinsville proposed lot size adjustment
Sven Fedorow had requested feedback from the Division of Fire Safety regarding the size of a property line separating houses in the villages but received no written material. There was a discussion on the setbacks for all lots at 25ft per lot.
- Bylaw Objectives Identified in Town Plan (continued from last meeting 24 September, 2018) and future land use map
Sven Fedorow reviewed the Town Plan and suggested Scenic View Lots should be referenced, with Wetlands and Habitat as there is no policy, and no rule in the bylaws. Sven Fedorow will check the Town Plan and come up with a specific list and an Abstract for protections of rural character.
The Future Land Use Map showing protected areas was reviewed and approved.
- Bylaw update status spreadsheet
This was reviewed showing the status of zoning bylaws and their progress to completion.
- Agenda items for 22 October, 2018
Allan Swanson Sketch Plan Review
A motion to adjourn at 9:25pm was made by Howard Beach, seconded by Michael Todd. Voted: Unanimously.