REGULAR MEETING OF THE PRUDENTIAL COMMITTEE
ASCUTNEY FIRE DISTRICT #2
6:00 PM, Monday, March 13th, 2017
MARTIN MEMORIAL HALL, ASCUTNEY VERMONT
Members in attendance:
Prudential Committee – William Southard and Paul Tillman
Manager – Ed Morris
1. Meeting was called to order by William Southard at 6:05 P.M.
2. Changes to Agenda – None
3. Approval of the Minutes from February13thth
Motion was made by Paul Tillman and seconded by William
Southard, motion passed 2-0.
4. Pump House Repairs- Mr. Morris explained that the two broken pipes in the pump house have been repaired and there are no other problems with the system, at this time.
5. High Capacity Wells/Fire Hydrant Discussion- Ed Morris asked about
the two high capacity wells at the end of Cherry Lane. There has been discussion about using them to supply a fire hydrant to protect the Village. Bill thought they had pumps in them and would be available. Ed Morris will do more research and come back to the committee.
6. Loan disbursement update – Mr. Morris stated he had received an
email from the engineer and has filed some paperwork. The process is still moving forward.
7. Annual Meeting Discussion- Ed Morris advised the annual meeting warning would have to be approved next month and asked if the board had anything they would like to see on it. Nothing was discussed. Mr. Morris stated he would review the Bylaws and get a copy to the board for review.
8. Capital Assets- Mr. Morris has completed the list of capital assets, as advised by the auditor, and will be completing the depreciation figures.
9. NEMRC – An employee of NEMRC came to the Town Office and helped set up the new financial management system. Mr. Morris is working with the finance department to enter in back data for the year. Soon there will be better and more up to date financial information monthly. Mr. Morris showed the Committee what the new warrants will look like.
10. Wages- Mr. Morris explained that he had done some more research and the NEMRC advisor stated the District should have a payroll and not be paying Steve Smith as a contractor. Ed is going to work with the Town to see if we could pay our employees through the Town System and increase Town Support, instead of contracting our own payroll service.
11. Any other information that can legally be discussed- None
12. Warrant – Paul Tillman made a motion to accept the warrant
with expenditures totaling:
Operations = $1,991.96
Project = $0
Total = $1,991.96
seconded by William Southard, Motion Passed 2-0
13. Meeting adjourned at 6:40