Dog Licensing/DMV Renewals/Green Mountain Passports

Dog Licensing

By law, all dogs and wolf hybrids six months of age (if first rabies vaccine 3 months) or older must be licensed by April 1st each year in the town where the dog resides. Licenses are only available through the Town Clerk's Office and may be purchased in person or by mail if there is a current rabies certificate on file. Licenses are available after mid January each year. Weathersfield does not currently license cats.

In order to license your dog you must present the following items:

  • A copy of a valid rabies certificate (unless one is already on file).
  • Proof of Spay/Neuter certificate (if applicable)
  • Cash or a check made payable to "Town of Weathersfield"


Before April 1st:

Neutered/Spayed: $5.00 + $5.00 state = $10.00
Male/Female: $9.00 + $5.00 state = $14.00

April 1st:

Neutered/ Spayed: $7.00 + $5.00 state = $12.00 Male/ Female: $13.00 + $5.00 state = $18.00

DMV Renewals

Our office is able to issue temporary vehicle registration renewals. The receipt and sticker that are given out at the Clerk's office are only temporary and within a few weeks after paying, the state will send the appropriate stickers to you. You can also renew your registration online here.

In order to renew your registration you need the following:

  • A preprinted renewal form from the DMV.
  • The renewal form must be for current month or the previous two month period.
  • A check or money order made payable to DMV. (NO cash or credit cards accepted)
  • A separate $3.00 processing fee paid directly to the Town for each renewal.

(Cash or check accepted)

Green Mountain Passports

The Green Mountain Passport Program was started in 1973 by an Act of the Vermont General Assembly. Use your passport for free admission to Vermont State Parks (overnight camping and other fees are excluded), Vermont State Historical Sites and events which are fully State sponsored.

To be eligible for a passport you must be a resident of Vermont AND:

  • 62 years old or older or
  • A veteran of the uniformed services

Come to the Town Clerks office and pick your card up today!