It is the mission of the Town Manager to ensure that quality, effective, and efficient services are provided within the law, the policies established by the Selectboard, and the resources of the Town of Weathersfield, while maintaining transparency, open communication, and high ethical standards.
- maintain a well-trained, motivated, and team-oriented staff
- ensure efficiency while providing services within the confines of the Town’s limited resources
- prepare and maintain the Town budget
- assist the Selectboard to develop, update, and implement long-range strategic plans that sets the vision for the future of the Town
- maintain records of the Town’s operation
- ensure the conformance with federal laws and guidelines, state statutes, and town ordinances and policies.
- Assists all departments with policy creation, procedural efficiencies, and other management and administrative tasks.
The Town Manager is the Chief Administrative Officer of the Town, and is responsible to the Selectboard for the management and coordination of all functions of town government. The specific function of the Town Manager is defined in Title 24 Chapter 37 of the Vermont Statutes.
The Weathersfield Select Board recently announced the hiring of Brandon Gulnick to the position of Town Manager.
Mr. Gulnick recently graduated with a Master’s in Public Administration from Valdosta State University, and holds a Bachelor in Political Science and Associate in Criminal Justice. Mr. Gulnick previously held the position of Grant Manager for the City of Fall River and Project Manager, Grant Manager, ADA Coordinator, and Affordable Housing Coordinator for the Town of Pembroke in Massachusetts.
Mr. Gulnick strongly encourages open communication, feedback, and discussion about any matter of importance to Weathersfield residents and staff. He can be reached by email or by phone at (802) 230-6262.
Mr. Gulnick began work on January 27, 2020.